- Technique used for treatment of pain and movement impairments.
- Technique includes ‘dry’ needle, one without medication or injection, inserted through the skin into areas of the muscle.
- It is NOT acupuncture.
- Active trigger points can spontaneously trigger local or referred pain. They cause muscle weakness.
- Alternative therapy used to release tight muscle bands that are associated with trigger points, or hard “knots” within a muscle, which can cause pain over a large area.
- Sometimes these trigger points (or even muscle spasms) can make it difficult to perform everyday tasks because there is pain every time the area is touched, and the pain can even radiate to nearby areas of the body.